Honorable Mention: Randi Brown, New Orleans; Taylor Jackson, Stephen F. Austin. 2017 Southland Women’s Basketball Week 13 Notes (PDF) FRISCO, Texas – Lamar junior guard Moe Kinard is the Southland Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the league announced Monday. Southland Players of the Week are presented by UniversalCoin.com. Southland weekly award winners are nominated and voted upon by each school’s sports information director. Voting for one’s own athlete is not permitted. To earn honorable mention, a student-athlete must appear on at least 25 percent of ballots. The honor marks Kinard’s second weekly award of the season and Lamar’s third overall as a team in 2017-18. The Cardinals (13-6, 8-1 SLC) have two tough tests looming this week, hosting Abilene Christian (13-6, 7-2 SLC) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. CT and Stephen F. Austin (16-3, 8-0 SLC) on Saturday at 2 p.m. Both games will broadcast on ESPN3. Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – Moe Kinard, Lamar – Jr. – Guard – New Iberia, La.Kinard was LU’s top scorer in both of the Cardinals’ week 12 wins. She registered 28 points in a 76-61 win at Nicholls and 24 at home in an 83-58 victory over McNeese. She averaged 26.0 points per game through both matchups, one of four Cardinals who averaged in double figures for the week.
- Moe Kinard Named Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
- New Orleans’ Asia Woods Named Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
- CALIFORNIA CUP OAKS STAKES QUOTES-MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019
- Robbie Brady hopes teen sensation Troy Parrott can reach the very top
- Spurs stars had lost faith in Pochettino leading to ruthless Daniel Levy axing him